Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sprung.

Spring has sprung, my friends. We ate asparagus soup and rhubarb crisp last night in celebration of the start of gardening season!

In fact, as I type this my husband is outside putting up rabbit fence and seedlings into our freshly tilled beds. So far we have planted peas, broccoli, strawberries, various lettuces, cabbage, and kale. No wonder we have to put up fences to keep the rabbits out; we eat like rabbits this time of year, and I love it! Nothing to shake off the heavy dishes of winter like the abundance of greens.
I love spring for all the new life it brings--and lucky us, we got to experience new life first-hand when we visited our brother up in Maine this past weekend. A whole bunch of these sweet kid faces were there to greet us, and we actually got to see one mama give birth! We just so happened to be walking through the barn when we heard her struggling through contractions and a tiny little face starting to appear. Truly, it was amazing. My little ones were enchanted with these little ones. Here is my Goose holding a baby goat less than 24 hours old.

Welcome, spring!
We're glad you came!

No comments:

Post a Comment